COT Indicator Suite Free Trial
Download the COT Indicator Suite and you will automatically receive a 14 day free trial. All features are fully functional for the 14 day period so you can evaluate the software before deciding if you would like to purchase a license.
The COT Updater App downloads the COT data from the CFTC website onto your PC for use by the COT Indicators on your MetaTrader charts.
The COT Indicators for MetaTrader are packaged in a separate installer and can be installed on as many MetaTrader terminals as you like on one PC.
Adding Instruments Walkthrough
We often get asked how to add missing instruments so we have put together this detailed walkthrough. The beauty with our COT Updater app is you can add any instrument published in the COT reports, this allows you to download only the data you want to use. We only add some instruments by default in the COT Updater app which you can delete if you don’t need, or easily add to. Here is how to add a new instrument from start to finish, we’ll add EURO FX in this example.
- Select the Options menu, then Instruments.
- Click the Add button.
- To get the instrument name go to the CFTC COT reports page, decide which report type you want to use (Legacy, TiFF or Disaggregated) and the data you want (Futures Only or Futures and Options Combined). Click the Short Format report link in the table of the exchange and locate the instrument you want to add. In this example, we will get legacy report for futures only for EURO FX (which is on the Chicago Mercentile Exchange).
- Search for the instrument you want, in this case EURO FX, copy the whole instrument name (EURO FX – CHICAGO MERCANTILE EXCHANGE).
- Paste the Instrument Name, set the Short Name (this is what you enter into the COT Indicators on MetaTrader), select the same Report Format you selected in step 3. Click Ok and the instrument is added. Repeat this as many times as needed to add all the instruments you want to use across all the different exchanges.
- To download the data for newly added instruments, select All Years in the dropdown menu, tick Force update, click update. The updater will now pull all data for the instruments you have added. The data is now avilable for the indicators to use on your MetaTrader platform by using the Short Name.